Supporting the mental health of young people is emotionally challenging and demanding. School staff are often the first point of contact when a young person experiences a crisis. This course is designed to equip school staff with the necessary knowledge and skills to guide the person in distress, provide support and prevent escalation.
This course will be helpful for designated guidance/pastoral/support staff in schools
- Signs and Symptoms of Psychological Health
- Responding to Self-harm, Suicide Ideation and Panic Attacks
- Learn about Categories of Risk and Levels of Concern
- Creating Safety Plans and Resilience Action Plans
- Skills, Techniques and Resources